Thursday, October 25, 2012

Excited for the 15th, By: Mrs. Hall



A few weeks ago, one of my students came to me with a book that he cherished growing up...  a book entitled I Stink by Kate and Jim McMullan.  It was a blast reading through the story and watching my boys' eyes follow every page turn as if there was gold behind the pages.  Needless to say, we fell in love with a new series. The books are jam packed with literary story elements and are high interest for all the readers in my classroom.

As always, in my classroom, we take most endeavors to the next level.  We look at the author's website, and check out more books that the author has written.  This case was no exception.  Though, this time we were surprised to find these particular authors allowed their fans to skype with them!  We immediately drafted an email and heard back from Mrs. McMullan the next day!  We will be skyping with the McMullan's on November 15th!  

In the meantime, we are studying the works of the McMullans and writing our own "McMullan Inspired" books....

Here's a sneak peek...




No comments:

Post a Comment