Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Meet Marina Marbles... By: Mrs. Hall

When I tell my class that it is "Writer's Workshop Time", I can barely contain their excitement!  It is a treat to write, not a punishment, or even a chore, but a challenge and a delightful time in their day.  They are given freedom to be the kind of writer that they enjoy.  Ample time, direction, and structure are also given.  Each of the students know how to edit and revise... and know when their deadline needs to be met.  Is everyday perfect, no.  Is every piece of writing "publish ready", no.
...BUT then there are times when a piece comes forth that wow my kids, and their teacher:)....  AND each of my students have created such pieces.  I'd like to introduce you to one of those pieces... and I look forward to sharing pieces from each of my students in the future that made us, here in Mrs. Hall's class, say...WOW!









...and Marina Marbles and the rest of the Marbles clan transformed into a series.... stay tuned!  By the way...the Marina Marbles series was  inspired after one lesson on alliteration....what brilliance! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pictures are beautiful. Who wrote this story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! you are a great writer.How did you
    do it?????



    -candy-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustrations fill the page and zoom in. How fun that you created a series of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear mrs.Hall
    I love our it that you put our nice spacing.
    also I liked our picture's alot thank's for shereing.
    p.s. I can't wait for the nekst one!!!!!
    From Beauty Queen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! This is Mrs. Hall's class... "Button" wrote Marina Marbles.

    "One day my sister and I were playing with Marbles. When we were trying to open the bag, the marbles fell out all over the place. The next day, at school, I thought of a new character called, Marina Marbles. Then on came more characters. Alliteration is when two words have the same beginning sound."-Button

    ReplyDelete