Thursday, October 3, 2013

Design Contest Winners By: Mrs. Hall


I remember, as a student in Elementary School and throughout Middle and High School, wondering WHY I had to learn certain subjects.  I often still ask that question during different times in my life... I wonder WHY?  The question WHY?  can be haunting and distracting, so in order to help my understand the WHY?  I often attempt to provide them a real-world answer. 

Which brings me to our Math Project last week... A Design Project.  Last week we discussed perimeter, and geometrical shapes.  We discussed how real world designers use these terms when designing buildings, homes, and even amusement parks.  We decided to then put our design skills to the test.  The pictures are our classroom design winners.  What fun it would be to see their designs one day in real form...



No comments:

Post a Comment